Friday, May 2, 2008

Auction

Enchanted Rocks I oil on linen 36" X 36" Chris De Dier

This painting was donated to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center for their 2008 Wildflower Gala and Silent Auction, Friday May 2. This elegant garden party, where host tables cost $5,000 to $25,000, is the Center's major annual fundraising event with proceeds benefiting the education and research programs underway at the center. This is the second year I have been asked to participate. Last year during the Afternoon Salon & Exhibition, which is basically a reception to thank the artists he day before the Gala, I had the privilege to be introduced to Luci Baines Johnson. It is also a great opportunity to chat with the other artists.
This painting is one of a new series that I am currently working on, all relating to the Enchanted Rock near Fredericksburg, TX. There may be a future exhibition with a number of these paintings but I have not decided until the series is closer to be finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. I want a studio tour. You're amazingly talented.